If you ship your car to Puerto Rico and you only stay for a few weeks, you can likely get away without having to bring your car in for service while you are there. However, if you are there for any longer than that, odds are that you will need to take your car in for service at some point.
You will likely end up taking your car in for service more often than most other places. This is due to the poor road conditions in some areas as well as all the dangerous driving behavior that occurs in Puerto Rico on a regular basis.
Use the following guide to find the best auto service shops in Puerto Rico.
- The X Shop – The X Shop has been in business for over thirteen years now. They can provide detailing, wheel service, paint jobs, body work mechanical service and frame work. You can call them at (787) 763-8203.
- El Tunel Auto Service – El Tunel Auto Service is another local auto service center that has been doing business in the San Juan area for several years now. They offer inspections, radiator service, alignments, brake service, air conditioning service and more. Call them at (787) 765-4903.
- Reparacion Transmisiones Puerto Rico – Reparacion Transmisiones Puerto Rico is a local San Juan auto service shop that offers transmission service for multiple types of vehicles. Call ahead and make sure they service your specific type of car (787) 751-4787
- Correa Tire – Correa Tire is a trusted name serving the Ponce area. They specialize in axles, belts, brakes, diagnostics, oil changes, tire service and much more. You can contact them at (787) 812-6511.
- TS Auto Glass and Body Parts – TS Auto Glass and Body Parts is a local Ponce auto service shop with a great reputation. They specialize in glass work but also do various types of body work. Call them for more information at 787-844-5765.
- Pep Boys of Ponce – Pep Boys of Ponce is the Ponce location of the famous auto service chain Pep Boys. They have good online feedback and offer oil changes, tire service, air conditioning service, brake service, and more. You can get in touch with them at (787) 259-2700.
- Sky AutoWorks – Sky AutoWorks has over thirty years of combined auto service experience between all of its mechanics. They specialize in inspections, brake services, air conditioning service, mufflers oil changes and more. Call them at 787-372-7272.
- Plavica Auto Glass Center Carolina – Plavica Auto Glass Center Carolina is an auto service shop specifically specializing in glass work. They can fix and/or install any glass or mirror you need in shop or by coming to you. Contact them at (787) 622-2020.
- Pep Boys of Carolina – Pep Boys of Carolina is another Puerto Rican location of the famous auto service chain. This location also has good online reviews and offers tire and brake service, oil changes, air conditioning service and much more.
- Arecibo Quick Lube – Arecibo Quick Lube is an auto service shop much like its American counterpart, Jiffy Lube. They only offer fluid services, but they do everything from oil changes to filter changes. Contact them at (787) 880-0900.
- Plavica Auto Glass Center Arecibo – Plavica Auto Glass Center Arecibo is an auto service center that only does glass work, but they do any sort of glass work that you can imagine. They can also come to you and do the work at your current location. You can give them a call at 787-474-2166.
- GT Tune & Lube – GT Tune & Lube has been offering auto service in the Aguadilla area for several years now. They offer oil changes, brake service, alignments and much more. Call them at 787-891-4151.
- Oscar Velez Servicio Euromecanio – Oscar Velez Servicio Euromecanio has been serving the Aguadilla community’s auto service needs for many years. They specialize in detailing, inspections, alignments, engine service, transmission service and more.
You will come across a lot of auto service stations and centers across Puerto Rico. However, some do not have a website or even any reviews for that matter. It is best to stick to places you can get an idea about online. That way you won’t end up getting ripped off or scammed.
You should always call ahead to make sure the particular service shop can accommodate your needs and has an appointment available for your car.
If you need to ship your car to or from Puerto Rico, then you can contact us so we can get your car to where it needs to be!